Mobil Evaporative Series fluids are premium quality specialized hydrocarbon oils formulated to meet the specific requirements of metal forming. Improvements in tool life and the potential elimination of cleaning and degreasing provide an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional metal working fluids.
These oils are targeted to serve the needs of the automotive spare parts industry and the general metal forming industries.
Mobil Evaporative Series is made up of four products; Somentor N 36, Evaporative Fluid 4286, Evaporative Fluid 5166 and Evaporative Fluid 2002.
The basic difference between the grades is the degree of formability and also the potential evaporation rate. Wyrol 10 may also be used as a lubricity enhancing additive to meet specialized needs.
Features and Benefits
Mobil Evaporative Fluids have been designed and introduced to the manufacturing industry to improve the efficiency of the forming of ferrous and non-ferrous parts, whilst permitting effective removal by means of evaporating processes. They are very versatile fluids that can be easily tailored to meet the specific lubricity requirements of the metal forming operation whilst, in many cases, eliminating the need for additional cleaning processes prior to further operations. Features and potential benefits include:
- Evaporates effectively which helps eliminate the need for cleaning and degreasing of components
- Excellent forming capabilities can maximize tool life and minimize downtime to help increase productivity and profits
- Product application versatility eases inventory management and reduces inventory costs
- Products can be easily customized with the addition of Wyrol 10 to optimize forming efficiency
- Low to no odor improves the working environment
- Designed not stain aluminum, tinplate, copper, brass or steel
Mobil Evaporative Fluid Series of metal forming oils are designed for use light, medium and heavy duty metal forming operations. They have found particular success in the manufacture of heat exchangers, refrigerator and radiator parts, air conditioning units, tube drawing, condenser plates, switches, electric motors, oil filter cases and windscreen wiper blades.
Specific applications include:
- Forming operations such as blanking, punching, stamping and drawing of sheet metal into a variety of shapes and sizes
- Evaporative Fluids 5166 and 1000 are particularly adapted to use in the ferrous industries.
- All products in this line are suitable for work on aluminum and yellow metals
- Can be applied by micro-fog spray, drip-feed, roller or swab
Typical Properties Mobil Evaporative Series Grade Somentor N-36 EF 4286 EF 5166 EF 2002 Duty Level Light Medium Medium Medium Appearance, Visual Bright and ClearBright and ClearBright and ClearBright and Clear Color Almost ColorlessLight Yellow Light Yellow Light Yellow Viscosity, ASTM D 445, cSt @ 40ºC 1.9 1.95 1.9 1.5 Density @15 ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052 0.805 0.810 0.790 0.775 Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92 90 90 82 68
Standard Next Day Delivery - £5.99 (Mainland UK only)
FREE Standard Delivery on all orders over £75 (Mainland UK only)
Orders made before 2pm are usually sent next day but can take up to 72 hours.
*At this time we do not offer international shipping
30 day returns policy – You may return an item within 30 days at your own expense unless the item received is wrong or damaged.