Petro-Canada Ardee Oils are specially formulated to lubricate and cool the mechanisms of air operated rock drills. Ardee Oils are blended from ultra pure Petro-Canada HT Severely Hydrocracked base oils and a carefully balanced set of lubricant additives to give the best possible performance in tough rock drill applications.
Features and Benefits:
• High film strength and lubricity
• Reduces scoring failures during sudden high pressure sliding
• Minimizes wear due to repeated heavy loading
• EP protection prevents welding or scoring under constant shock loading
• Long-term rust and corrosion protection
• Protects iron parts from rusting during constant exposure to moisture
• Reduces chemical attack on bronze or brass components
• Good emulsifying characteristics
• Maintains a continuous lubricant film on metal surfaces
• Reduces water from displacing the lubricant and wetting the metal surface
• Excellent adhesive properties
• Oil sticks firmly to cylinder walls and other drill parts under the most adverse conditions
• Constant oil film minimizes wear to cylinders and other drill parts
• Low misting tendency
• Reduces undesirable misting
• Lowers oil consumption
• Resists forming carbon at high temperatures
• Lowers tendency of drills to diesel (to combust) during severe operations
Petro-Canada Ardee Oils are designed for use in pneumatic percussion equipment operated at high cubic feet per minute (CFM) air flow rates. They can also be used in all types of equipment lubricated with in-line oilers.
Ardee Oils meet or surpass the following equipment manufacturers’ rock-drill oil specifications for specific viscosity grades: Ingersoll-Rand, Joy and Worthington.
Applications include the lubrication of pneumatic equipment used for mining and tunnelling, jack hammers, riveters, pavement breakers, tampers and other construction equipment.
Both Ardee 32 and 100 have been used successfully in water injection plunger pumps. They work well because of the presence of a tackifier and rust and corrosion inhibitors in the formulation.
Ardee Oils come in five viscosity grades to satisfy ambient temperature requirements from - 35O C/-31O F to +45O C/113O F.
• Ardee 32 is designed for low temperature conditions and is a Manufacturers’ Grade 10 oil.
It is highly effective as an air-line oil for general industrial plant lubrication, as well.
• Ardee 46 is specially formulated for all season operation
• Ardee 68, 100 and 150 are used in underground mining operations and are classified as Manufacturers’ Grade 20, 30 and 40 oils respectively.
Ardee 150 is recommended for Secan drills and in mining operations trying to reduce oil consumption and misting.
• Ardee 220 is a Manufacturers’ Grade 50 and is normally used in the summer in large bore drills (greater than 10 cm/ 4 inch), operating in open pit mines.
Standard Next Day Delivery - £5.99 (Mainland UK only)
FREE Standard Delivery on all orders over £75 (Mainland UK only)
Orders made before 2pm are usually sent next day but can take up to 72 hours.
*At this time we do not offer international shipping
30 day returns policy – You may return an item within 30 days at your own expense unless the item received is wrong or damaged.